Saturday, October 29, 2005

A big beautiful whale blowing





Wonderful, I went to Iceland on business. In the science-park we have an artificial Geysir that erupts 18 meters into the air.
I figured it might be fun to have a live webcam showing the REAL geysir next to ours, as part of our attempts to explain visitors how a geysir works.
So on my way back from Boston I made a stopover and had a great day with my counterpart at the Geysir. Oh Iceland, it’s incredibly beatiful.

The shots here show part of what’s going on; hot and cold meeting in the 40 meter deep hole, pressure building up till suddenly... BOOM!

Then the boiling waters flows back into the hole with a deep sucking sound. You clearly get the sense that the earth is a big, living creature. Rumbling and pumping like a heart beating, drawing air, exhaling, steaming and sweating. Maybe we’re standing on top of a big whale.
Maybe it’s whales all the way down...

2 comments:

Rod said...

You have a great blog here! I have a free music downloads site. In addition to free music downloads, you can get music of some of today's top artists' such as Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan, Usher and many more. Check it out when you can :)
Rod

Mike Carter said...

Hi Blogger:)

I just kept reading your blog posts, some more than once cause it is fun to read. Very entertaining.

Thanks,
make money fast